List Price : $399.95 Price :
QuickBooks Pro with Enhanced Payroll can quickly organize your business finances, show you where you stand and save you time paying employees.
| 32 of 33 people found the following review helpful By This review is from: QuickBooks Pro with QuickBooks Enhanced Payroll 2013 (Software) Customer review from the Amazon Vine™ Program ( What's this?) I have been using QuickBooks since 2008 and overall have had mixed feelings about the experience since then. While I love that overall this is a functional piece of software that lets me manage my employees and payroll as well as do normal business functions like invoicing and taxes, I hate how bloated the organization is. The help manual is decidedly unhelpful and ignores a number of simple questions. Then, when you call support, it takes forever and the representatives are generally rude and don't speak English very well. Worse, their company policies are unfriendly and it's like they know they have a monopoly on the market as most tax pros use QuickBooks, so small businesses like mine are forced into it unless we want to go it alone.I upgraded to QuickBooks 2013 because Amazon provided a free copy as part of their Vine program to top reviewers. QuickBooks has a forced obsolescence and so since I was running 2011, I knew that I would be forced to upgrade by 2014 or else... Read more 8 of 8 people found the following review helpful By This review is from: QuickBooks Pro with QuickBooks Enhanced Payroll 2013 (Software) Customer review from the Amazon Vine™ Program ( What's this?) Although I've been running my own business for 23 years, I've never used any commercial accounting software, relying instead on programs I created myself over the years. So I was very interested in seeing what a "real" accounting program could do for me. Overall, I was impressed.Installation presented no problems on a Win 7 32 bit machine. Since this was a fresh install, I can't speak to how well the software works with regard to importing existing data. As a first-time user there's quite an investment of time required to get everything set up with regard to vendors, accounts, etc. I stumbled a bit at first, but once I got the hang of it things went smoothly for the most part. I found the help features somewhat helpful, but also found that trial and error was often just as good or better in learning how to use it. Granted, this is a comprehensive piece of software so I don't expect to learn how to use it without putting in some time (and making some mistakes)... Read more 6 of 6 people found the following review helpful By This review is from: QuickBooks Pro with QuickBooks Enhanced Payroll 2013 (Software) Customer review from the Amazon Vine™ Program ( What's this?) UPDATE: I've used this software for two pay periods, and it has locked up in very strange ways. Last week (I pay employees on a weekly basis) it would NOT take out any federal or state taxes, no matter what I tried. I finally just wrote out checks to my anxious employees, closed down the system, and fired up the program again. This week it subtracted the taxes (I need to get with my accountant to figure out what to do with last week's issue).This week a second glitch occurred. I needed to do my state sales tax and when I tried to select last month's transactions and isolate them to see what my sales were the program would only show the entire year. No matter which option I selected from the menu (there are tons of options, this month, last month, first quarter, et cetera) it would only give me the year. When I used the calendar to create a custom report it would show the month of October on the calender as being selected, but then still give all the data for 2012... Read more |