Netgear N900 Wireless Dual Band USB Adapter (WNDA4100)



List Price : $96.00 Price :
Netgear N900 Wireless Dual Band USB Adapter (WNDA4100)

Product Description

NETGEAR N900 Wireless Dual Band USB Adapter connects your notebook or desktop computer to a wireless network withultra high speeds and is perfect for demanding applications like streaming HD video, downloading and multi-player gaming.The WNDA4100 offers outstanding speed and performance demanded by online gamers as well as users who enjoy streamingHD video. Easy setup with the NETGEAR Genie CD gets you up and running fast, while Push 'N' Connect gives you a securedconnection at the push of a button.


  • Maximum performance - 450 + 450 Mbps of Wireless-N speed for HD video streaming, multiple downloads, andonline gaming, all at the same time
  • Video streaming - Perfect for multiple HD video streams
  • Dual band - Twice the bandwidth for better connection and less interference
  • Easy setup - NETGEAR Genie CD with graphical installation guide
  • Secured connection - Push 'N' Connect offers a secured wireless Internet connection at the push of a button
  • Desktop Stand - Provides option for better desktop placement
  • Supports Windows 8


Netgear N900 Wireless Dual Band USB Adapter (WNDA4100) Reviews


Netgear N900 Wireless Dual Band USB Adapter (WNDA4100) Reviews


Amazon.com
Customer Reviews
Average Customer Review
27 Reviews
5 star:
 (11)
4 star:
 (3)
3 star:
 (2)
2 star:
 (1)
1 star:
 (10)
 
 
 

18 of 20 people found the following review helpful
4.0 out of 5 stars First Impressions, March 25, 2012
This review is from: Netgear N900 Wireless Dual Band USB Adapter (WNDA4100) (Personal Computers)
I just got the WNDA4100 yesterday and here are my first impressions. First, I am using the WNDR4500 Netgear router. I have been using it for about 3 months and have been very happy with the router. It has been very reliable since the last firmware update (v1.0.1.6). My router and PC are on opposite corners of the house, about 60ft and 8 walls. I know 5GHz does not do well penetrating walls but I wanted to see what it could do. My laptop with 802.11n and a single antenna at the same distance gets 72Mbps, the max it can get with 1 antenna. My desktop PC (Dell Inspiron 531/Windows 7) has a 802.11g PCI card adapter and gets 54Mbps. I wanted to upgrade since I have been working on some large video files that take 15mins or more to backup. I also wanted to try out 802.11a (5GHz). With 3 antennas in the adapter 2.4GHz max is 216Mbps and 5GHz max is 450Mbps. The WNDA4100 is a large USB adapter. It won't fit in my PC directly so I had to use the connector cable. Using the cable is... Read more
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews 
Was this review helpful to you?  Yes No


5 of 6 people found the following review helpful
3.0 out of 5 stars Not Very Happy, July 27, 2012
Amazon Verified Purchase( What's this?)
This review is from: Netgear N900 Wireless Dual Band USB Adapter (WNDA4100) (Personal Computers)
I purchased this Adapter because I was extremely happy with the results of my Netgear N300 adapter.
I live in a three story house and my wireless router is on the third floor but my office is on the first floor...
I purchased the N300 and was pretty satisfied with the connection for doing work and normal browsing.
However, when I watch netflix or play online games, I noticed that the FPS on the games was not where it could be...
I looked online and saw that there was an N600 that was supposed to be a step up from my N300 as far as connection ability and consistency, and from further studies saw that the N900 was a step above that...

I took a leap and purchased the N900 because I knew the Olympics was coming up and had planned to watch the Olympics online through Satellite Direct

The setup seemed nice and smooth, no issues at all like some of the other users were experiencing... but the first thing I noticed was that instead of Five Bars (I was... Read more
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews 
Was this review helpful to you?  Yes No


2 of 2 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 stars Good luck, August 12, 2012
This review is from: Netgear N900 Wireless Dual Band USB Adapter (WNDA4100) (Personal Computers)
I bought this to work with my N600 router which it does connect to half way, meaning it will connect to the 2.4 side and not to the 5 side.Then I can only get 300Mbps out of it not 600.
I tried to use the software update button to check for new software/firmware but it informs me that it cannot connect to netgears server and to check my internet connection, I am connected so who knows what going on there.
if you get this product I hope you have beter results then I or the other people who have commited here
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews 
Was this review helpful to you?  Yes No


  See all 27 customer reviews...