List Price : Price :
Not sure what's wrong with your network? Before you buy an expensive replacement router or cable modem, test your cables! If the wires are broken (and you know how those cables get snaked around the house) the tester will detect it. If you make your own patch cables and want to test that the wires are correctly assigned, then you need this! Test your twisted pair, Straight, Crossover, Cat 5 / Cat 5e / Cat 6 / UTP cables with RJ-11 or RJ-45 connectors. Insert the battery, turn on the tester, and connect one end of the cable to the Master side and the other end to the Remote side. The lights indicate problems (if any) with wires in the cables. A very useful item for the networking enthusiast!
| 11 of 11 people found the following review helpful By PkyBny (Milwaukee, Wi United States) - See all my reviews Amazon Verified Purchase( What's this?) This review is from: Network Cable Tester (Personal Computers) The case is indeed inexpensive but it is sufficient for home use. If you use a tester everyday on the job you may need something more solid but for occasional use this worked for me. I quickly identified and repaired a bad cat5e cable junction. If you're an amateur wiring up your home (like me) this is just the ticket. You might note that the model number is NS-468 (barely visible on some images). Google it and you'll find lots of venders selling it at lots of prices; Amazon was the lowest. You can also get the manual from the manufacturer. 7 of 7 people found the following review helpful Amazon Verified Purchase( What's this?) This review is from: Network Cable Tester (Personal Computers) I ran numerous 80+ ft cat 6 cables in a 1500 sqft office as well as patch cables. This little tester worked perfectly. The instructions that come with it are not in english but it is rather self explanatory. Plug your cable into both sides and then turn it on. As the numbers light up you know that lead is good, if it doesn't light up its not good. This tester saved me hours of frustration. Only thing is the on off switch is a little cheap as is the battery compartment but if you handle it with care I imagine it will last a long time. Definitely recommend this to anyone needing a cheap cable tester. 9 of 10 people found the following review helpful By This review is from: Network Cable Tester (Personal Computers) I thought this would be a great addition to my tool set. I can see many different uses for the tester. However, when I started using the tester, I noted that line six on the first cable I tested indicated open on both units. After replacing both connectors, line six still showed open. I then took a 'known good' cable, and found that line six didn't illuminate on it either. Both ends indicated an open on line 6. I'm disappointed to have a unit that doesn't function propery, and hope that the seller will rectify this. |