List Price : $99.99 Price :
TurboTax Home & Business: For your personal & small business income taxes
| 27 of 27 people found the following review helpful By This review is from: TurboTax Home and Business Fed + E-File + State 2012 (Software) Special Note to all the Mac Users! Check to see if you can run TurboTax before buying it! You might need a new computer to run TurboTax this year.The Requirements are not made clear. Your Mac needs 2 things or TurboTax will not run. This applies to ALL versions of TurboTax for Mac. It does not matter if you get the CD or if you buy the download. The H&B version or the regular version. It is still the exact same TWO requirements. 1) Must have OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard or higher. AND 2) Must have an intel Core2 Duo or better. An Intel Core Duo will not work!!! It has got to be the Intel Core 2 Duo or better. You can find out both of these by pulling your Apple menu to "About this Mac" and it will show you both. If your Mac is 2010 or newer you are probably ok, and some as old as 2006 may work if they have OS X 10.6.8 or higher. But do check first before buying. I think Intuit was sort of harsh in cutting off a lot of older Macs... Read more 17 of 18 people found the following review helpful By This review is from: TurboTax Home and Business Fed + E-File + State 2012 (Software) I first started using TurboTax in 1984 when I first got a personal computer (what a relic). I tried using H&R Block one year and they were so expensive and hard to work with that I went home and completed my taxes on TurboTax. Each year the software copies all the information from the previous year into the current year tax return. If you are using Quicken it will download all of your information from it as well. If can also retrieve your W2's and 1099's if you wish. It tracks all of your deprecations from one year to the next and helps you to determine which type of deprecation is best for your purposes. Each year that I have used TurboTax the program has improved from the previous year. They started including a program called "It's Deductible" that helps you value correctly any property items that you may have donated to charities. All of this helps to keep you out of trouble with the IRS. The only question is not whether or not to use TurboTax each year, but where can I get the... Read more 8 of 8 people found the following review helpful By Amazon Verified Purchase( What's this?) This review is from: TurboTax Home and Business Fed + E-File + State 2012 (Software) Began my return, although I don't have all of the documents yet, to get a rough idea as to where I am. After I "finished" a draft of the Federal Return (including a Schedule C) I was surprised that Intuit wants $36.99 ($39.99?) to allow me to do my State return. Based on the item description, I thought the State return was included & I'd just have to pay a small fee for the E-filing. In fairness, when you look at the Intuit/TurboTax site, they disclose the extra State filing fee. |