Cisco Model DPC3010 DOCSIS 3.0 8x4 Cable Modem - Cable modem - external - Hi-Speed USB / Gigabit E -



List Price : Price :
Cisco Model DPC3010 DOCSIS 3.0 8x4 Cable Modem - Cable modem - external - Hi-Speed USB / Gigabit E -

Product Description

Cisco Model DPC3010 DOCSIS 3.0 8x4 Cable Modem - Cable modem - external - Hi-Speed USB / Gigabit Ethernet


  • Provides a high-speed broadband Internet connection that energizes your online experience and helps enable trouble-free downloading and sharing files and photos with your family and friends
  • Includes bridged Gigabit Ethernet (GigE) and 10/100BASE-T auto-sensing/auto-MDIX Ethernet ports. Some models also include a USB 2.0 data port for high-speed data services to other devices
  • Supports up to 64 users (1 USB port and up to 63 users on user-supplied Ethernet hubs)
  • Allows you to attach multiple devices in your home or office to the cable modem for high-speed networking and sharing of files and folders without first copying them onto a CD or diskette
  • Provides a faster connection to the Internet by incorporating eight bonded downstream channels along with four bonded upstream channels, up to eight times faster than conventional single-channel DOCSIS 2.0 cable modems


Cisco Model DPC3010 DOCSIS 3.0 8x4 Cable Modem - Cable modem - external - Hi-Speed USB / Gigabit E - Reviews


Cisco Model DPC3010 DOCSIS 3.0 8x4 Cable Modem - Cable modem - external - Hi-Speed USB / Gigabit E - Reviews


Amazon.com
Customer Reviews
Average Customer Review
65 Reviews
5 star:
 (46)
4 star:
 (6)
3 star:
 (3)
2 star:
 (3)
1 star:
 (7)
 
 
 

20 of 20 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Plug, play and forget - just as it should be, September 20, 2012
By 
lasersailor (Santa Barbara, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cisco Model DPC3010 DOCSIS 3.0 8x4 Cable Modem - Cable modem - external - Hi-Speed USB / Gigabit E - (Electronics)
I had been quietly despairing for some time about occasional service dropouts with Cox's Premier service tier. I've generally been happy with them for the past 10 years, even though they oversubscribe the heck out of my SoCal neighborhood. But, for the last 8 months my home's internet connection would "go away" between 10:30AM and 1:30PM for no obvious reason. Digital TV and VoIP service were not impacted. I figured it was a maintenance reset at the head end or some such thing. Then it started happening more frequently at any and all hours, and even though I'd sometimes call in a trouble ticket to Cox, the problem would clear itself after 15-30 minutes with no trouble found.

Finally I decided to swap out the old Ambit DOCSIS 2.0 modem for a new modem, even though I wasn't upgrading my service. This was the first time I had to buy a cable modem as all previous units were provided at no charge by Cox. So I griped a bit when I went into the Cox retail store and they told me... Read more
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews 
Was this review helpful to you?  Yes No


10 of 10 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Cisco DPC3010 DOCSIS 3.0 8x4 Cable Modem, March 27, 2012
Amazon Verified Purchase( What's this?)
This review is from: Cisco Model DPC3010 DOCSIS 3.0 8x4 Cable Modem - Cable modem - external - Hi-Speed USB / Gigabit E - (Electronics)
This product has exceeded my expectations in every way. My speed has more than doubled from its first use. Easy working with Mediacom for the installation and the company I purchased it from was a delight to work with also.
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews 
Was this review helpful to you?  Yes No


18 of 21 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value!, June 8, 2012
By 
Ken (Pacific Northwest United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cisco Model DPC3010 DOCSIS 3.0 8x4 Cable Modem - Cable modem - external - Hi-Speed USB / Gigabit E - (Electronics)
I got this so I wouldn't have to pay Comcast monthly rental fees to use one of their modems. It works great, and was quick and easy to set up with just a quick call to Comcast technical support to activate it. It doesn't yet show on Comcast compatibility list, but it is compatible. It's a newer version of the DPC3008.
I love that it offers a RJ-45 connection for ethernet and a USB connection as well.
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews 
Was this review helpful to you?  Yes No


Share your thoughts with other customers:
  See all 65 customer reviews...