Lifeproof Case for Apple Iphone 5 - Black



List Price : $80.00 Price :
Lifeproof Case for Apple Iphone 5 - Black

Product Description

Compatible with Apple iPhone 5
For a secure fit.
Military-spec design
Ensures a fully protected seal that is waterproof up to 6.6', keeps out minute dust particles and provides shock and impact defense.
Double AR-coated optical glass lenses
Enable crystal-clear photo and video quality.
Ultraslim, lightweight body
Weighs less than 1 oz. and measures just 1/16" as measured from the center of the phone for easy portability.
Play-through design
Allows access to iPhone functions through the case.
Rear case window
Displays your phone's Apple logo in style.
Apple, the Apple logo and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPod is a trademark of Apple Computer, Inc.


  • The case is completely sealed, protecting against minute dust particles.
  • All ports and openings are protected yet accessible through the case allowing full functionality without removing the case.
  • There is also a built in screen protector covering your touch screen


Lifeproof Case for Apple Iphone 5 - Black Reviews


Lifeproof Case for Apple Iphone 5 - Black Reviews


Amazon.com
Customer Reviews
Average Customer Review
68 Reviews
5 star:
 (15)
4 star:
 (4)
3 star:
 (12)
2 star:
 (8)
1 star:
 (29)
 
 
 

71 of 76 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 stars Can find better for a lower price tag., November 30, 2012
This review is from: Lifeproof Case for Apple Iphone 5 - Black (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I took my case out of the box from Lifeproof and basically attached it to my phone, then took it apart and put it back in the box to go back to Lifeproof. I'll make this short:

1) Cheap plastic. My wife said, "You paid $80 for this?!"
2) Clear screen protector does not sit flush with the iphone screen so there is a hesitation with all finger activity to the phone and an annoying "poof" of air for each press.
3) Speaker sound muffled terribly with bad vibration at the rear.
4) Small cushions over the microphone are not properly adhered and shift. Mine was blocking the water tight seal.
5) As annoying as the headphone jack is, I think its perfectly appropriate considering it has to be waterproof. But it is not easily removed. The included adapter is decent quality.
6) Lifeproof's phone support is terrible as their systems are down. After two emails in a week with no response, I'm afraid I won't be issued an RMA to meet their return period of 30 days... Read more
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews 
Was this review helpful to you?  Yes No


43 of 46 people found the following review helpful
4.0 out of 5 stars If you want waterproof; look no further. If you don't need waterproof; keep on looking..., November 27, 2012
This review is from: Lifeproof Case for Apple Iphone 5 - Black (Wireless Phone Accessory)
Skip to Conclusion if this is too long :-)

I have used various cases with every iPhone (except the 4S) including Speck, Incase, Otterbox, bumpers, and InvisibleSHIELD. My preference so far is no case with a matte screen protector.

That being said, I have been looking for a waterproof case-- #1 to use with my RAM mount on my motorcycle (without worrying about rain), and #2 to enable some better photo & video around or in water (specifically while flyfishing or doing cannonballs in the pool). The Lifeproof case was really the only viable option I found.

I've used this case for about a week now; and have just ordered the Slipgrip RAM mount (not from Lifeproof).

INITIAL IMPRESSION:
I pre-ordered the case (or rather, was on the priority list to pre-order) directly from Lifeproof's website. Upon receiving the case, I found adequate written instructions inside on the packaging on use; including the recommended 1-hour soak test prior to... Read more
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews 
Was this review helpful to you?  Yes No


26 of 27 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 stars Not even close, November 28, 2012
This review is from: Lifeproof Case for Apple Iphone 5 - Black (Wireless Phone Accessory)
Mad because I had to wait almost 2 months after I got my phone to waste my money. I purchased this case on a direct, pre-order from Lifeproof. I cannot comment on it's waterproof capabilities, as I never got it wet. I have had the case on my phone for 1 full work day and it is going back. The sound quality is HORRIBLY distorted when using the speaker phone or listening to music. There is a constant low-bass "feedback hum" when talking on the phone unless you take your other hand and hold the rear window (Who's only purpose is to show the apple logo - who cares!)tight to the phone body. Siri is utterly useless, because it cannot understand anything you say while the case is on. I have had my iPhone 5 since it was released and was really happy until I put this case on it. If you need waterproof, then I guess it's your only option. Me, I'll use the Otterbox to keep out the dust, and rely on my insurance if the phone gets submerged. Thankfully Lifeproof has a 30-day customer satisfaction... Read more
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews 
Was this review helpful to you?  Yes No


Share your thoughts with other customers:
  See all 68 customer reviews...