List Price : Price :
Overview
Satechi 4-Port USB 3.0 Hub adds 4 more USB ports to your computer to connect 4 USB devices for accessing or charging. This allows you to connect and use USB devices such as digital cameras, external hard drives, flash drives, and printers, all from a single hub. Powered by USB 3.0, this hub provides quick data rates of up to 5.0Gbps. It does not require any software, drivers, or complicated installation process. The Satechi 4-Port USB 3.0 Hub features a sleek design to fit on your desk without taking up precious desktop space.
Design
Slim, strip-shape design features 4 USB 3.0 ports laid out across the top so you can easily plug in and remove devices.
Performance
Providing data rates of up to 5Gbps - 10 times faster than USB 2.0. You can transfer your photos, music, and HD movies to a USB 3.0 external storage device faster than ever before.
Power
The portable hub is bus powered and it does not require the connection of an external power adapter. It is powered by the current supplied by the USB port.
Compatibility
Compatible with Windows 8/7/Vista/XP/2003/2000/ME, Mac OS X (latest updates from Apple required), and Linux kernels 3.0 and later. Full forward and backward compatibility between USB 3.0 and 2.0/1.1 hosts and devices.
Note:
2.4Ghz wireless devices, such as wireless keyboard and mouse adapters, may not work in close proximity to USB 3.0 devices or hubs. Connecting to a USB 2.0 port is recommended.
Specifications
Cable Length: 10 inches
Dimensions: 5.5 x 1.25 x 1 inches
Weight: 2.2 oz
| 2 of 2 people found the following review helpful By This review is from: Satechi 4 Port Portable USB 3.0 Hub for Ultra Book, MacBook Air, Windows 8 Tablet PC (Black) (Electronics) Customer Video Review Length:: 5:56 MinsThis is a nice USB 3.0 port multiplier and it works well in some applications. You really need to understand the limitations of such devices when using it with your computer and external devices. A port multiplier splits the communication rate and power from the USB port to allow it to be shared with the four ports on the hub. In the case of power, a USB 2.0 port can supply 500 milliamps of power and a USB 3.0 port can supply 900 milliamps that will be split 4 ways if you have four devices plugged in. If your devices are self-powered by their own power supplies you should have no problems. Devices like printers, scanners and some USB Hard disk drives (With external power supplies) are examples of this. In my testing I used a USB powered hard disk drive (HDD) and three USB memory sticks. When I plugged in the port expander all four devices where present in my computer drive list and I could write to each drive one at a time. In the... Read more 1 of 1 people found the following review helpful This review is from: Satechi 4 Port Portable USB 3.0 Hub for Ultra Book, MacBook Air, Windows 8 Tablet PC (Black) (Electronics) The Satechi USB port is a very well-built, sturdy little box that plugs into a USB 2.0 or 3.0 port, and allows me to hook up four separate devices, sharing the power and bandwidth of that port. It's compact enough not to take up too much room on my desktop, but there's enough space for each USB plug, so that I can access or charge all of them at once. With USB 3.0 compatibility, for most uses even, sharing bandwidth isn't a problem.I've got two USB 2.0 ports on my Macbook Pro, and they're spaced very close together. That's often a problem. I've got thumb drives and other devices with thick plugs, which means I can only plug one in at a time. This solves that problem. One port becomes four, with room for all of them - even my Flip Camera fits if I plug it in on the end. Even two ports can be limiting. I've got several devices that I charge and update via USB, cameras and speakers I hook up for transferring photos and playing music; and also, of course, external... Read more 1 of 1 people found the following review helpful By This review is from: Satechi 4 Port Portable USB 3.0 Hub for Ultra Book, MacBook Air, Windows 8 Tablet PC (Black) (Electronics) The Satechi USB hub 5.5" x 1.25" x 1". Its 4 USB slots are well spaced out (see attached photo, which can be located by following 'customer photos' link under the main photo) and are located on the top of the strip. I found that this configuration makes it easier to plug and plug USB memory sticks. I like it better than the ports that have slots on the sides. Its power cord cord is 10" long. The unit weights 3 oz.The documentation states that this hub USB 3.0 is backwards compatible with USB 2.0. I tested with USB 2.0 and USB 1.1, and it is backwards compatible with both. I included the speed results for both below. I tested he hub on Windows XP, Windows 7, and Linux. Each operating system I tested saw the memory stick plugged into the hub without problems. I tested each port by copying a directory with mp3 files totalling 638916 Megabytes. I measured CPU time and clock time. I wanted to test that all ports worked, I wanted to test if there was a... Read more |