List Price : Price :
| 22 of 26 people found the following review helpful By TucsonShopper (Tucson, Arizona) - See all my reviews This review is from: Cisco Factory Refurbished Linksys E900 Wireless-N300 Router (Electronics) The only difference between this router and others for 2-3x more money is dual-band support (which is only useful for connections over 40Mb), QoS services (for more than 2-3 simultaneous users), some never used parent controls and access using Cicso's new (and limited) Cloud, as well as a gigabit switch (as this one supports only 100Mb although wireless connections can be faster). But, your Internet connection is likely the bottle neck at no more than 10-25Mb (for cable) or 7-15Mb (for DSL). So, why does anyone need more than 100Mb on their switch - except to back up to another computer (I back up to SD)? You only need 3-5Mb for video (3.6 for native Netflix or 1.5Mb with Silverlight). I get over 20Mb downloads AND uploads with this wireless router (and a DOCSIS 3.0 modem). Well built and fair support, this switch is less than half the cost of anything comparable. And, the E900 supports the latest WPA2 encryption handling. This is THE best buy in wireless routers and what most people... Read more 9 of 10 people found the following review helpful Amazon Verified Purchase( What's this?) This review is from: Cisco Factory Refurbished Linksys E900 Wireless-N300 Router (Electronics) I must say I was skeptical about purchasing a router at such a low price point and factory refurbished as well. Rest assured this device is solid and comes packaged like it was directly from Cisco... it even had a Cat5-E cable and CD. The quality of the device was superb without a single scratch on it.The reason I purchased this router is that I have 16 routers in my house one EA4500 Linksys EA4500 App-Enabled N900 Dual-Band Wireless-N Router with Gigabit and USB and 15 WRT54G Cisco-Linksys WRT54GL Wireless-G Broadband Router routers. Some may think this is overkill but I have an old house with plaster / chicken wire walls which creates a faraday... Read more 5 of 5 people found the following review helpful By Amazon Verified Purchase( What's this?) This review is from: Cisco Factory Refurbished Linksys E900 Wireless-N300 Router (Electronics) I've been wanting to get an 802.11n router since I began doing more home networking. Even my XBOX was telling me that my b/g router was holding me back and might impact my ability to stream higher-definition content.I started looking at n routers vs. b/g and I was sold by the speed increase (up to 300 vs 54) as well as the increase in range (4x). There was definitely quality put in to the refurb and packaging process of this unit; wen I opened it up, I would have had no idea this wasn't new. It was clean, packed well, and worked fine right out of the box. Setup with my existing Verizon router was no problem at all once I found the instructions online on how to do a lan-to-lan connection. For the refurb cost vs. new, it was a no-brainer to buy this one. I updated firmware to the latest rev just to be sure I was up-to-date. I did not install the software off of the included CD. -1 star because the range is really no better than my old b/g router... Read more |