List Price : $34.99 Price :
A safe harbour for your iPhone 5 with dual hard shell and soft touch construction protecting your device.
| 7 of 7 people found the following review helpful By Geo Mealer (Campbell, CA) - See all my reviews Amazon Verified Purchase( What's this?) This review is from: STM Bags Harbour Case for iPhone 5 - Retail Packaging - Black (Wireless Phone Accessory) Received the Harbour case today, along with the iPhone 5.First, referencing one of the existing reviews, it's not glossy. It's matte black soft-touch plastic "hard shell" with grey contrasting TPU. The "hard shell" part of it doesn't feel all that dissimilar to the TPU, since it's soft-touch, but it's a bit stiffer. Case (in black and grey) doesn't show fingerprints very much--they show in oblique light, but they're not obnoxious. I'd say it compares very favorably with my previous iPhone 4 case, the Incipio NGP. In fact, aside from the hinge and the inlay contrast design, it's very similar feeling once on the phone. The Harbour is stiffer, so perhaps a little more protective. Qualitywise, I'd say pretty good. There were a couple of plastic burrs where the two materials meet, but they scraped away without issue. Only dig on the case is that the contrast strip in the back isn't flush; it's raised a fraction of a millimeter. Since... Read more 6 of 7 people found the following review helpful Amazon Verified Purchase( What's this?) This review is from: STM Bags Harbour Case for iPhone 5 - Retail Packaging - Black (Wireless Phone Accessory) As the other reviewers said, the case is a dull matte finish. The gray coloring appears lighter and contrasts the black much more than it appears within the product's images here. I own the black iPhone 5, and the gray trim around the front face does not look very good.More importantly, the fit is not quite spot on. Access to all ports and buttons/switches on the phone are fine and well located, however, in my opinion, the case is too tight. It required a bit of force to get the phone into the case, but considerable effort to remove it -- in fact I had to pry the side walls away from my new phone to facilitate its sliding. I don't like the gap between the case body and lower piece. It is maintained once installed on the phone (large enough to see the phone through and looks like a great place to trap dust and pocket lint) -- somehow I had the expectation that it would push together (it doesn't). Also, the case is one piece; you must bend the lower piece... Read more By Amazon Verified Purchase( What's this?) This review is from: STM Bags Harbour Case for iPhone 5 - Retail Packaging - White (Wireless Phone Accessory) I bought this case after handling my new iPhone 5. I bought the white iPhone 5 because I was worried the black one would scratch :-) Even with the white one I realized that it's thin, light, any my clumbsy @ would drop it so I ordered this case and I have to say I'm quite impressed. It fits really tight and it doesn't add a lot of thickness. The only thing that would make it better is if it were built out of a grippier material. The hard plastic is still kind of slick but still grips better than the metal. Even with the tight fix I will still make an effort to clean it out as any dust will grind on the phone and scratch it but you have to worry about that with any case. With the super tight fit of this case it will be interesting to see if it locks out dust better than past cases I've had by other companies. So far there hasn't been any dust in it and the case is actually really hard to slide off since it's such a tight fit. I'm am very happy with this purchase and would... Read more |