List Price : $258.95 Price :
The Trailblazer offers a slim, easy-to-carry design with a full-size view, for the budget-conscious consumer. Offering generous eye relief of 19.7 mm and turn-and-slide rubber eyecups, the binoculars can be used as comfortably and effectively by eyeglass wearers as those with uncorrected vision. The 10x50 Trailblazer binocular offers a 294' field-of-view.
Nikon incorporates its exclusive Eco-Glass (made without the use of arsenic or lead) for all Trailblazer lens and prism elements, as well as multicoated lenses for maximum light transmission and image quality. Ergonomic styling, mated with a rubber-armored exterior, provides added shock resistance and a firm grip, wet or dry.
FEATURES:
| 52 of 52 people found the following review helpful By Amazon Verified Purchase( What's this?) This review is from: Nikon 8221 Trailblazer 10 X 50mm All Terrain Binoculars (Electronics) Living in the upper Mid West, the landscape's heavily forested and glaciated.It's time to see what I was missing. Nikon lens/prisms are World renowned,...and for the dollar, arguably the best. I wanted Roof Prism binoculars, so that made the decision easier. Magnification is a preference factor, I chose 10X magnification after trying a family members 8X + Trailblazers became the logical choice because of the larger 50mm objective lens + With a larger 50mm objective lens, you attain many sought after qualities. 1: they gather more light entering the binoculars resulting in better imaging {any low light, dusk/dawn} 2: the field of view {angle of view} increases for smoother viewing/scanning 3: they generate a larger exit pupil for easier focusing and viewing for your eye After enjoying the Nikon Trailblazer 10X50 for about a week now, I must say the decision was perfect... Read more 30 of 31 people found the following review helpful By NGC7662 "Blue snowball" (2200 light-years away) - See all my reviews This review is from: Nikon 8221 Trailblazer 10 X 50mm All Terrain Binoculars (Electronics) I recently purchased these binoculars after comparing against Nikon Monarch binoculars. The Nikon's well-known model, Monarch binoculars (8 x 42mm) are somewhat smaller, compared to this Trailblazer (50mm model). Since I use these binoculars for astronomy and star gazing, I need binoculars that have a large aperture as possible. Besides, I wear the eye-glasses. So, I wanted binoculars that have a longer eye-relief, also. This model has 19.6mm (0.78") eye-relief. After considering all the above, I decided to try this new model out. Tonight, I watched the comet, C/2007 N3 (Lulin) with my eye-glasses through these binoculars. After I focused the binoculars to Saturn first, I just pulled slightly down to center the comet. I could verify the comet, Lulin very easily. All the star fields I could see in the sight were pin point, crisp and sharp. The image quality is also excellent and it is very easy to handle for a long time because of its light-weight design, compared to the... Read more 28 of 29 people found the following review helpful By Amazon Verified Purchase( What's this?) This review is from: Nikon 8221 Trailblazer 10 X 50mm All Terrain Binoculars (Electronics) I have been in the military for several years now and have come to use many binos/optics in my line of work. Leupold and Steiner being the majority of all military enhanced optic makers. Most professional military binos are 8x42mm. However, it isn't always enough, I decided to spend the frugal money on these Nikon's ATB's and have been throughly pleased.The Image quality alone shows Nikon's tried and true dedication to superior lens quality. The Nikon's large objective lens allows for superbly bright images in dark or shady conditions. Using these binoculars at night, they produce as much light into the eye as the $500.00 set of Steiners and Leupold's. In fact, several of my co-workers also agree, for the money these may be the best optic to choose from. During day time use, or night for that matter. the lens focus a tight picture. From 5m in front of you to infinity the fine adjustment knob will focus in on what you need. The eye relief adjustment... Read more |