List Price : $189.99 Price :
My Book Studio desktop hard drive features blazing fast USB 3.0 performance, massive capacity, compatibility with Apple Time Machine and password protection, all in a premium aluminum enclosure that complements your Mac
| 4 of 4 people found the following review helpful By This review is from: WD My Book Studio 3TB Mac External Hard Drive Storage USB 3.0 (Personal Computers) Customer review from the Amazon Vine™ Program ( What's this?) I've made WD Hard Drives a staple in my home for many years. I used to be a Seagate guy but they just don't last. I've had issues with the cords to the drivers just up and quitting. An advantage that I do miss with Seagate is that they do seem to run faster. But WD have just been sturdy tanks. I can take a slower backup time if I feel more secure about my work being secure. I have several WDs around the house, my husband and I keep our work on different hard drives plus we both have backups of those hard drives, bringing the grand total to four. Four that have worked perfectly over the years. I gave this latest one quite the work out, transferring over my extra backup to it and it took over 14+ hours. But I felt more than secure in just letting the WD My Book do its thing. 3 of 3 people found the following review helpful By This review is from: WD My Book Studio 3TB Mac External Hard Drive Storage USB 3.0 (Personal Computers) Customer review from the Amazon Vine™ Program ( What's this?) Customer Video Review Length:: 2:42 MinsThis Western Digital drive is built for Mac users right down to its aluminum casing. The metal shell gives this product a heftier feel over Western Digital's other My Book products that are usually made with flimsier plastic cases. It will make full use of the USB 3.0 ports found on newer Macs but will still function on older Macs that have slower USB 2.0 connections. On my Macbook Pro with Retina Display, the My Book delivered read and write speeds of about 150 megabytes per second using a video performance test from Black Magic Design. This is on par with a similar Thunderbolt-based drive I tested from Seagate last month. It's certainly more than adequate for most desktop computer tasks and will make for an excellent Time Machine backup drive. If you're using this as a backup drive I'd suggest buying two. The reason being is that it's always a good practice to have your important data stored off site in addition to an onsite backup... Read more 1 of 1 people found the following review helpful By Amazon Verified Purchase( What's this?) This review is from: WD My Book Studio 2TB Mac External Hard Drive Storage USB 3.0 (Personal Computers) I received this product yesterday and am very impressed with it. The outward appearance of sleek silver matches my new iMac perfectly. Very easy to hookup with a power AC cord and a USB cord. I plugged it in, and iMac immediately asked me if I wanted to use it for backup, which I did. It utilized USB 3.0 which is super fast, and I have a huge amount of files to back up, which it did nicely.2 Terabytes is plenty of space. I agree with another reviewer that this is indeed a great backup drive for Mac users. Quiet and Fast, you can't go wrong. My only issue is it's a bit pricey and it would be nice to see the price come down somewhat. |