List Price : $21.99 Price :
This USB Audio adapter converts a USB port to an audio port, allowing you to add headsets and microphones to your computer without the need to unplug other devices! Compliant with USB 2.0 and USB audio device specification 1.0, the USB audio adapter couldn't be any simpler to install...it's as easy as connecting the adapter to an available USB 2.0 port, then connecting your audio devices to the provided 3.5 mm audio ports as needed. Compatible with Windows 98SE and up, as well as Mac OS 9.x and later, the adapter integrates into any computer environment, providing superb sound quality and convenience that can't be matched.
| 6 of 6 people found the following review helpful Amazon Verified Purchase( What's this?) This review is from: StarTech.com USB Stereo Audio Adapter External Sound Card ICUSBAUDIOB (Personal Computers) At the time of my writing, there are only 2 other reviews; one who's worked perfectly and loved it and one who's didn't and hated it. I would have hesitated, therefore, to buy this for myself, but had seen a majority of very positive reviews for this product on Newegg (Amazon offered free super saver shipping when purchasing with another item, so I saved over $6 using Amazon!). Mine arrived, plugged in, works 100% and quality is perfect (complete silence when no audio is being played, as opposed to my built-in motherboard audio which was always static filled). No drivers needed, Windows 7 saw it and installed it. Excellent for Skype. Nothing else to say, a great product. 6 of 7 people found the following review helpful By Amazon Verified Purchase( What's this?) This review is from: StarTech.com USB Stereo Audio Adapter External Sound Card ICUSBAUDIOB (Personal Computers) This review will be sparse as my recall of the events surrounding the install of this sound card are few. I remember, vaguely, opening the packaging and maybe four seconds of pondering if I should install the driver cd (did it come with a cd?) before the movie I had playing started coming out of my speakers. Setup was 1-step, plug in (on Windows XP Home).It has a microphone and a headphone/speaker port on front, is probably 3-4 inches long (does stick out a ways from the computer). I'm able to yank (yes, yank) headphones from it without pulling it out of the usb port (barely, just keep in mind). I wanted something that was cheap and simple, this fits the bill. It came with a small usb extension (less thank 6 inches if I recall) and a cap (now in the trash). Sound quality is as good as original sound card (vostro 200 factory default) that I fried. 3 of 3 people found the following review helpful By Amazon Verified Purchase( What's this?) This review is from: StarTech.com USB Stereo Audio Adapter External Sound Card ICUSBAUDIOB (Personal Computers) When the sound on my laptop suddenly quit, I envisioned many $ to investigate and repair it. On a whim I Googled "USB audio" and up popped this item. It was the least expensive of a half-dozen or so similar items so I chose it, figuring that if it didn't do the job I wouldn't be out much. It arrived promptly and I plugged it into a USB slot, plugged my speakers into one of the two outlets and ...instant sound - and of high quality. I'm very pleased with it. |