DEWALT DW2166 45-Piece Screwdriving Set



List Price : $41.80 Price :
DEWALT DW2166 45-Piece Screwdriving Set

Product Description

Includes 45-Piece Screwdriving Set - DW2166, Tough Case


  • 45 screwdriving set


DEWALT DW2166 45-Piece Screwdriving Set Reviews


DEWALT DW2166 45-Piece Screwdriving Set Reviews


Amazon.com
Customer Reviews
Average Customer Review
16 Reviews
5 star:
 (6)
4 star:
 (6)
3 star:
 (3)
2 star:    (0)
1 star:
 (1)
 
 
 

15 of 15 people found the following review helpful
3.0 out of 5 stars Good bits, bad case, November 26, 2010
By 
Patricia Wood (The Great Basin, NV) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)   
This review is from: DEWALT DW2166 45-Piece Screwdriving Set (Tools & Home Improvement)
I got this figuring it would be a great set of bits, and I liked the look of the case while it was in the packaging. The bits are as good as I hoped they would be. There is a nice assortment of different types and sizes. Lots of sizes of philips driver bits and slotted screwdriver bits. There are also four torx drivers: 1x1.5, 1x2, and 2x2.5. There are eight square drivers: 1x1, 6x2, and 1x3. It is nice that there are extras of the most commonly used sizes. There are also 1 each of extra long philips and extra long slotted screwdriver bits. Those will be handy in corners. They are single ended too, so they fit with the magnetic extender for even more reach.

Now for the bad news. The bit holders in the carrying case give you a wrestling match when you try to get some of the bits out, and a worse wrestling match when you try to put any of them back. The bit holders inside the case were clearly for display purposes and were not designed with actual work in mind. It just gets... Read more
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews 
Was this review helpful to you?  Yes No


7 of 7 people found the following review helpful
3.0 out of 5 stars Nice set. Horrible case design!!, February 7, 2012
This review is from: DEWALT DW2166 45-Piece Screwdriving Set (Tools & Home Improvement)
Problem #1: The set I received is a little different than the one in the picture. That top row didn't exist. Instead, it was replaced by a bulky plastic tray that six of the bits were just loosely laying in. No restraints to hold them down so I have to be careful every time I open the box or else they all fall out on the ground.

Problem #2: The rest of the pieces that ARE secure were a little tough to get out and extremely tough to get back in. I had to take off my gloves and pry open the mounts with a screwdriver just to open them wide enough to get the pieces back in. I had significant difficulty with the driver in the middle (the one with the DeWALT label on it) as it fits into 2 mounts. This set looks great on the shelf but I am already looking for a replacement set with a better kit.

Another smaller issue was that the set didn't have any hex bits in it. I had to end up buying a separate set of hex bits so maybe I'll just build my own kit that can fit them... Read more
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews 
Was this review helpful to you?  Yes No


3 of 3 people found the following review helpful
4.0 out of 5 stars Good bits, but tough to get in and out., December 20, 2011
Amazon Verified Purchase( What's this?)
This review is from: DEWALT DW2166 45-Piece Screwdriving Set (Tools & Home Improvement)
Though I've only had them for a few weeks, I've used them quite a bit and these bits seem to be of good quality. My main issue with them is that they're a PIA to get out of the little rubber sleeves that hold them in place within the box. Getting them in and out really takes its toll on your finger tips. But then I'm just a fix-it myself guy, and though I do everything I can on my own, I doubt my fingers are as tough as a true blue-collar worker.

A nice plus is that the box fits snugly in a little compartment within my DeWalt drill box.
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews 
Was this review helpful to you?  Yes No


Share your thoughts with other customers:
  See all 16 customer reviews...